In 1914 Brother Déodat got a vision and built a miniature version of the famous grotto and basilica at Lourdes (France). However, he wasn't happy with it, so he smashed it. His second attempt wasn't good either, as the Bishop of Portsmouth couldn't get through the doorway, so that got smashed too. Thankfully, Brother Déodat was happy with his third attempt, which is the version that stands today, though others had to complete his work. The tiny main chapel only measuring 1.4 m wide by 2.8 m long, and has room for around eight people. The chapel is decorated from floor to spire in seashells, pebbles and broken china. It's admission free, but a donation is encouraged. The pictures is of an even smaller underground chamber.